Here is my blog about my origami project as I announced earlier. In this blog I will explain how you can make the origami flower balls decoration that I’ve made all by yourself. It is a lot of work that needs to be done properly, so you definitely have to love precision work and don’t mind repeating the same action over and over again.
If you are interested in starting making origami, you can visit www.jorigami.nl for paper and other origami stuff.
Let’s start with the supplies you’ll need:
- Duo Color Glossy paper (15x15cm – 80gr.), this is paper with 2 colors/patterns. You’ll need at least 22 sheets
- Double-sided adhesive tape, as small as possible
- Rhinestones 6 mm in a color matching one of the sides of the paper
- A cord to hang the balls on
- Some beads and charms to decorate the string
- Scissors and in case you have one: a paper slicer
Now that you’ve got everything you need, let’s get started!
First slice or cut 15 sheets of paper into 4 pieces of 7,5 by 7,5 cm. These are the 60 petals for the big ball. Next you’ll slice or cut 7 sheets of paper into 9 pieces of 5 by 5 cm. You’ll use 60 of them for the small ball.
Every ball consists of 12 flowers and every flower consists of 5 petals which you’ll all need to fold seperately.
Follow the steps in the images below to make a flower ball. These steps are the same for the big and small ball.